We love our socks. We need our socks. A monthly sock subscription might be one of the best ideas since online shopping was invented. Yet one of Life’s Great Mysteries has to be, what happens to socks once you put them in the wash?
You know what we mean: you put two matching socks in the washing basket; they get laundered and then hung on the line or dried in the clothes drier. Yet somewhere between taking them off your feet and folding them to put away, two becomes one. How???
I’m afraid we just can’t answer this! But what we can do is give you some fun ideas to give new life to your lonely, orphaned single socks – especially when they are fun, vibrant, cool or crazy socks that you just can’t bear to throw away!
There is absolutely no need to totally despair when you lose a sock – beyond the fact that, unless you wish to try to start a trend for wearing mismatched socks, you’ll no longer wear your lonely sock on your feet. Here are some fun and useful ideas for reincarnating your unpaired socks into something new, useful, and exciting…
- Storage for Spectacles – protect your eyeglasses or sunnies by using that single sock as a holder – they’ll be protected from scratches in your handbag even if you don’t have a hard case.
- Ice Pack – if you need a quick ice pack, fill an odd sock with ice cubes and voila! Fun and crazy socks with novelty designs are ideal for this, especially if the person requiring the ice pack is a young child – it’s like having Band-Aids with characters on them – it helps take the “ouch” away
- Dog Toy – simply stuff an old tennis ball onto an odd sock and tie a knot in the sock. Your pooch will love it!
- Drink Wetsuit – keep icy drinks cold, or protect your hands with a hot drink by placing it in the sock and folding the sock down as many times as you need to in order to get it to fit.
- Scrabble Tile Holder – keep all those scrabble tiles safe and together in a single sock! Simply put them all in and either tie the sock off at the top or use a rubber band or hair elastic to seal them in place.
Sockgaim is an Australian sock subscription website and we have the very best in stylish, colourful novelty socks. Unique and custom-designed just for you, and available nowhere else, not only are they wearable art; they are ideal to repurpose and reincarnate into something amazing when and if two somehow becomes one. Check us out and subscribe today!
Drink Wetsuit – keep icy drinks cold, or protect your hands with a hot drink by placing it in the sock and folding the sock down as many times as you need to in order to get it to fit.Scrabble Tile Holder – keep all those scrabble tiles safe and together in a single sock! Simply put them all in and either tie the sock off at the top or use a rubber band or hair elastic to seal them in place.Protect Ski Tips – do you store skis standing on a hard surface? Protect the ends by slipping a sock over each one.